Get Rid of Mercury
6 Month Smiles®
Metal Free Dentistry
Bleeding Gums & Heart Disease
TMJ & TMD
Same Day Crowns
Patient Care Instructions
LANAP Post Op Instructions
6 Month Smiles® Instructions
Whitening For Life Instructions
The Truth About Your Dental Insurance
Six Month Smiles Patient Instructions
What to Expect While Wearing Braces
- Your teeth and lips will be sore for about 1-2 weeks (everyone is different)
- If you have BITE GUARDS placed on your teeth (most patients) you will only be able to bite on the bite guards. Your other teeth won’t touch until about 2-4 months into treatment
- You will get used to eating with the BITE GUARDS! Hang in there!
- Use wax and Ibuprofen (or other pain meds) to help aid with discomfort
- Wax can be used in any area that is bothering you (wires or braces)
If One of the Braces (Brackets) Come Off
- We want the braces to stay on your teeth. If one pops off your tooth, it will sometimes come out of your mouth and it will sometimes stay on the wire.
- If the dislodged brace (bracket) isn’t hurting you, just try to hang on to it until you come in for your next adjustment
- You are responsible for keeping the braces on your teeth!
Avoid the Following Foods
- Anything that is harder than a PRETZEL:
- crusts, nuts, bagels, chicken wings, popcorn kernels, raw vegetables, whole fruit, candy, taffy and ANY OTHER FOOD THAT WILL POP A BRACKET OFF
Brush and Floss Your Teeth
- Brush like crazy!
- Keep all plaque off of your teeth so that it doesn’t harden up and turn into tartar
- Use your finger nails to check if all soft plaque and debris has been removed
- Teeth move slower when plaque and tartar is in the way!
- Your adjustments will be easier if your teeth are clean!
- Flossing can be difficult but it is do-able. Thoroughly Floss at least twice per week.
Please call if you have questions that aren’t answered on this form